On the following paper I would like to reflect about the effects that the drug cocaine has made on the visual arts and vice versa, I would like to find out the effect that visual media has made on the cocaine, its commercialisation and the perception we have about this alkaloid.
First i’ll begin with a short summary history of how cocaine was created and represented on the visual media on the times of its creation.
Following with a brief history of the Cocaine prohibition and the beginning of an unfinished war in Colombia and it’s representation on the colombian TV. Concluding with the last chapter that I decided to call Netflix and Cocaine instead of Netflix and Chill, as many people would say.
Wie hat dir der Text gefallen?
- Britto Lina, “Car Bombing Drug War History -How the hit Netflix series Narcos echoes the DEA’s version of events, distorting—and commodifying—the rise of Colombia’s drug economy.” in Incla repot of the Americas, Vol 48 No.2, 2016, P.177-180
- “Dramaturgia y Nuevas Mediaciones, Caracas, Venezuela, 2010,
- Jay, Mike, “ High society. Mid-Altering DRUGS in HISTORY and CULTURE”, London, United kingdom, 2010,
- Jorens, Jose A,” Coca e imagen del indígena peruano En Hipolito Unanue fines siglo XVIIl”, Lima, Perú, 2018
- Kupfer, Alexander, “Göttliche Gifte- Kleine Kluturgeshichte des Rauchsches seit dem Garten Eden”, Stuttgart, Germany, P. 162
- Federman, mark, “What is the Meaning of The Medium is the Message?”, P.1 Press File Mons Foundation 2015. P16
- Salazar, Alonso, “La Parábola de pablo- Auge y caída de un gran capo del